Core team of Consultants has collective experience of 500+ years, with average experience of more than 20 years.
Professor Jamal Ansari has been associated with teaching and practice of planning for more than 50 years. After superannuating from the position of the Director of the School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) New Delhi, he has been associated with the School as a visiting Professor and as a visiting faculty. Currently as Director – REPL, he plays the role of Advisory Consultant for all its infrastructure and planning related projects.
Earlier, for nearly 7 years, he chaired the Department of Physical Planning, the Department he built-up from scratch to pioneer undergraduate planning education in India. He was also the Dean of Studies of the School during 1979 to 1999. Sponsored by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Government of India, Prof. Ansari held the position of Emeritus Fellow for two years during 2005-2007 at the Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
Presently he is engaged in professional activities at both national and international levels. He was commissioned in 2004 as a consultant by the UN Habitat, Narirobi to write a chapter on Urban and Regional Planning Practices in South Asia for their Global Report on Human Settlements.
He holds M.Sc. degree in Urban & Regional Planning from University of Toronto; P.G. Diploma in Town & Country Planning (Hons.) from SPA, and B.Sc. (Civil) from Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).
His notable projects are:
- Guiding preparation of Master Plans for four new cities (each with design population of around one million)
- Guiding preparation of Master Plans for three towns in Orissa
- City Development Plans (CDP) for 9 towns in M.P.
- Redevelopment Plans/Schemes for Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD)
- GIS & Remote Sensing based plans for SPA; 3 towns in Odisha
- Supervision in preparation of Hi-Tech Township project at Lucknow for Ansal Properties
- DPR for Hi-Tech City (Megapolis) at Dadri, Greater Noida, U.P.
- Revised Master Plan for Noida- 2011
- Master Plan for Noida for 2021
- Development Plan or Surajpur-Kasna Integrated Complex for a projected population of 3,00,000
- Perspective Development Plan 2021 for Spatial Development of AMU Campus, Aligarh
- Preparation of Concept Plan for Inter State Chandigarh Metropolitan Region
- Revision of NCR Plan – 1998, for NCR Planning Board
- Development Controls in Delhi, for SPA
- Monograph on Guidelines for Preparation of Sector Plans for DDA
- Studies relating to the Revision of Master Plan for Delhi 2001
- Identifying Counter Magnet Cities for Delhi
- Socio-economic and Transportation study for NOIDA Master Plan, 1988-99
- Structure Plan, and a Low Cost Sanitation Program for a town in Andhra Pradesh
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Guidelines for Industries Development in Delhi NCR
He has written more than 50 research paper for refereed/non-refereed journals in India and abroad. He has also read nearly 45 papers at conferences across the globe. His book on Urban Land Management in Asia’s Developing Countries (1996) was commissioned and distributed internationally by United Nations.
He is a Fellow Member of Institute of Town Planners, India (ITPI); Life time Member of Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA); a member of Panel of Advisors for Urban Arts Commission, Delhi.
Ms. Soumya Das has 14 years of experience. She specializes in Architecture, Planning and Management. She holds a degree in B. Arch. from C.E.T, Bhubaneswar; Masters in Environment Planning from School of Planning and Architecture (SPA); and she has also done advance programme in Strategic Management from IIM Calcutta.
As Director RIPL, she holds the overall responsibility of subsidiary company of REPL that provides Geographical Information System (GIS) based solutions to its clients. Her expertise areas also include Regional Planning, Master Planning, Environment Planning, GIS, ERP, Feasibility Analysis, Strategic Management and Business Development.
She has handled projects of diverse natures such as, U.P. Sub-regional Plans, Master Plans, Redevelopment Plans, Hitech Township projects, Integrated Township projects, GIS enabled data management applications, Contact Center Services, and other projects using AR-VR technologies.
She is member of Special Interest Group in NASSCOM’s North SME Council.
At REPL, he leads Urban Planning team by guiding on technical aspects, such as physical, social and economic analysis; land use analysis as per master plan; analysis of government policies/programs/regulations/bylaws and its level of implementation; region delineation; identification of land for development; SWOT analysis, infrastructure analysis, projections, gap assessment, benchmarking & assessment of urban governance; value chain analysis for various business and industrial development; identification of business/industrial potentials in the region; identification of land for Greenfield megacity /Township development on the basis of potential of the regions; concept master planning; land suitability for various type of developments; identification of various projects for development and its broad cost estimation; investment plan preparation; and phasing & implementation strategy formulation for sustainable development. His other areas of expertise include thematic mapping & base map creation on GIS and AutoCAD platforms.
Additionally he takes lead in presentation to the clients, stakeholders’ consultation, community mobilization, report writing, proposal preparation and overall coordination of projects.
His notable projects are:
• Integrated strategic urban development plans for cluster II towns of Kenya
• Perspective plan of Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
• Haryana Sub-Regional Plan
• City Development Plans (CDPs) for 21 towns in Bihar, MP and Arunachal Pradesh
• City Business Plans (CBPs) for 9 towns in Bihar
• Technical Feasibility and Master Planning for World Class Railway Station Development for 2 towns, Chandigarh (Punjab) and Habibganj (MP)
• Integrated Development of DPL Township on PPP basis in Durgapur, West Bengal
• Feasibility Study for commercial development along eight water bodies in Coimbatore
• City Sanitation Action Plan for 5 towns in Arunachal Pradesh
• DPR for JNNURM buses in Bikaner (Rajasthan) and MTEF (Mid Term Expenditure Framework) for School Education for the Government of Chhattisgarh
• Concept master plan for ISKCON mayapur, West Bengal
• Master plan of Spatial Planning Area of Barbil, Baripada and Keonjhar towns of Odisha
He has also completed a number of professional certifications, such as:
• Online certificate course on “Municipal Finances : A Learning program for Local Governments” from World Bank
• Online certificate course on “Sustainable Urban Land use Planning” from World Bank
• Online certificate course on “Urban Poverty” from University of Amsterdam
• Online certification course from NIDM and World Bank on
• “Financial Strategies for Managing the Economic Impact of Natural Disasters”
• “Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction”
• Certificate from the ‘ISRO’ (Indian Space Research Organization) – CAZRI, Jodhpur for the successful completion of training program on “Digital Image Processing and its Applications”
- Lifetime Associate Member, Institute of Town Planners, India (ITPI)
- Member, FICCI’s National Committee on Urban Infrastructure & Smart City
- Member, CII’s Delhi State – Panel on Urban Infrastructure & Power
Mr. Das bring on board 19 years’ experience across diverse sectors. He has worked on complete life cycle of several development projects especially Remote Sensing, Geospatial, Photogrammetery, Navigation, Land Base, Utility, Hydrogeological, Defence and Web GIS. He is excellent expertise in bid-management, Pre sales activities, techno-commercial sales, project management, and operational management. He is very sound in ESRI, Intergraph, Mapinfo, Bentley, Schlumberger and Rolta Software products.
At REPL, he is spearheading the GIS operations taking charge from business development to delivery.
- Ph.D. (Hydrogeology) from Osmania Univ., Hyderabad (pursuing)
- M.Phil. (Geology) from Utkal University Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- M.Sc. (Geology) from B.H.U, Varanasi, U.P.
- B.Sc. (Geology) from Berhampur Univ., Orissa
His Notable Projects are:
- Preparation of Property tax register based on GIS & MPHS Survey for Katni Municipal Corporation, MP
- GIS based Master Plan Formulation for different AMRUT Cities – Agra, Kanpur, Unnao, Firozabad, Shikohabad, Haldwani and Jammu.
- Preparation of GIS based Master Plan for Gorakhpur Industrial Development Authority and Grater Noida Development Authority
- Implementation of GIS based City Street Vending Plan under DAY-NULM for the States of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Assam
- Preparation GIS Base Map for Integrated Nainital Development Area
- Mapping of Aquifer in a GIS environment with Development of Web enable GIS based Groundwater Information System in Rajasthan (Project was awarded with Indian Geospatial Excellence Award – 2014)
- Battle field Management System (BMS) for Ministry of Defence
- Command & Control software for Border Security Forces
- Deployment of Integrated Command and Control Centre for Smart City Operation – Varanasi
- Preparation of GIS Base Map for 11 Municipal Corporations of Bihar
- GIS based Ground Water Prospects Maps for the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh
- Water balance and crop water budgeting study of Rayalaseema Watershed Development Programme (RWDP) at Andhra Pradesh
- Study on vulnerability assessment and enhancing adaptive capacity to climate change in semi-arid areas of Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan
- “Remote Sensing & its applications include digital image processing, pattern recognition and GIS” from National Remote Sensing Agency (NRSA), Hyderabad
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt holder from KPMG, Mumbai
- Published six research papers in various technical journals of high impact factor.
- He is an accredited Groundwater professional from Central Groundwater Authority, Ministry of Jal Shakti Govt. of India
- CBSE Course Coordinator to Senior Secondary for the Geospatial Technology
Ms. Daya Handa has 9 years of experience in urban planning, infrastructure and policy. Her core area of expertise include preparation of Master Plans, Development Plan, Infrastructure Planning, Solid Waste and Sanitation Plans and Feasibility Studies. Along with project execution, she has been equally contributing independently in Business Development (project costing, EOI/RFP/RFQ, client presentation, stakeholder consultations etc.).
Ms Handa holds a degree in M Plan with specialization in Urban Planning from School of Planning and Architecture (SPA), New Delhi. She is also a Post Graduate in Geography with specialization in Urban and Regional Geography from CSJM University, Kanpur. She has professional membership in Indian Institute of Town Planners.
At REPL, she is responsible for urban planning projects and business development activities. Activities undertaken for project management are team recruitment, report writing, coordination with client, workshop arrangement, invoicing, ensure timely completion of deliverables. She is involved in preparation of the tender documents (EOI/RFP), attending pre bid meetings and interaction with clients & stakeholders.
Her notable projects are:
- Demographic Survey and Conceptual Development Plan for Mandalay and Mawlamyine, Myanmar for UN Habitat
- Development plan for Ratlam-Nagda Investment Region under Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) for Madhya Pradesh Trade and Investment Facilitation Centre, Bhopal
- Techno feasibility study of early bird projects (Food Park, Textile Park and Industrial Park) under Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) for Madhya Pradesh Trade and Investment Facilitation Centre, Bhopal
- Mapping of unauthorized colonies in Delhi for Delhi Development Authority
- Mapping the Availability of Urban and Industrial Organic Waste across Various Locations in India, Identification of Organic Waste Stream for United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO)
- City Development Plan for Lucknow City, Balasore and Dhadrak city in Odisha, Babai, Sohagpur, Kareli etc. in Madhya Pradesh
- City Sanitation Plans for 28 Towns of Jharkhand and 33 Towns of Arunachal Pradesh for State Government
- Master Plan and DPR for SWM for Bhopal for Bhopal Municipal Corporation
- Implementation of Environmental Management Plan Vector Borne Disease Control Project – World Bank Funded for National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, Government of India
Ms. Gargi Asati has 7 years of experience, having association with REPL since beginning of her career. She has done M.Tech Urban Planning from BIT Mesra and also holds B. Arch degree from Nagpur University. She specializes in planning projects and township projects.
At REPL, she is responsible for coordinating & managing projects with different internal teams, consultants and the client. She has been involved actively in the preparing reports, client presentations, developing approach & methodology for various tender documents and making financial quotations for the projects.
Her notable projects are:
- Uttar Pradesh Sub-regional Plan 2021
- Master Plans for Baripada, Barbil and Keonjhar, Odisha
- Zonal Development Plans for Ghaziabad, Muradnagar and Modinagar, U.P.
- Rajiv Awas Yojana for 41 slums of Berhampur, and 3 slums in Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Hi-tech township in Dadri, U.P.
She is a Member of Council of Architecture (CoA).