Urban Infrastructure has a key role to play in economic growth. Experienced consultants in project management plays an important role to develop Urban Real Estate Projects in a systematic and useful manner so that the project acts as a catalyst for development of the neighborhood.
Stages in Project formulation:
- Development of the concept and freezing project specific requirement
- DPR Preparation
- Obtaining statutory approvals
- Preparation of detailed designs in terms of Architectural, Structural & other services
- Selection of proper agencies & methodology to execute the project keeping in mind the commercial viability of the project
- Obtaining Completion Certificates from various authorities as required
- Techno Commercial Closure of the project
- Dedication of the project to intended users/actual users.
At every stage, there are roles to be played by various authorities/agencies be it Civic, Financial, Construction, Consultants etc.
Efficient Project Management plays a very important role in bringing up a nascent project in a systematic and professional manner. Project Management during construction phase is finding a wider acceptability day by day, and is a major thrust area. Activities include:
- Coordination with all working agencies at site.
- Scheduling and Conducting Pre-Construction, Construction activities by establishing transparent and clear cut procedures, Site coordination meetings for betterment of project performance, problem solving of the construction agencies and preparation of necessary documents to keep a track of activities.
- Reviewing safety procedures & programs developed by the construction agencies and coordinating to ensure adherence to these norms.
- Day to day supervision of construction activities by deputing experienced supervising engineers for execution of the project to best intent of Drawings, Specifications & Contract documents.
- Establishing acceptance norms for Quality Control of materials, workmanship and effecting proper control in Monitoring the Quality Standards as per the relevant codal provisions by guiding and supervising the various Field Control Tests.
- Identification of critical activities of various contract packages and monitoring progress of works on the basis of established schedules including updating and initiating all actions to correct delays.
- Manage the contractors to achieve satisfactory performance. Recommend course of action when contractual requirements are not being made by the either party and to coordinate the work with the activities and responsibilities of the owner.
- Preparation of project cash flow requirements, monitoring project cost parameters and recommending steps for effecting proper cost control.
- Verification and certification of the bills of contractors including Interims & final based on the measurements submitted by the contractor.
These aspects help the organization to ascertain the project progress and achievement of the deliverables both in terms of physical and financial and offer a transparent system of project execution.